Thursday, November 27, 2008

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 11/27/08



A question I repeatedly ask myself...
"Why am I this affected by the death of someone
I didn’t even know?"

It has been a year from today
since the tragic death of one of my...
favorite football players.
Not only was he one of my favorites...
but he played for the Washington Redskins.

I remember hearing the news...
I was at school and a guy told us that he got shot. (Nov. 26. 07)
I didn't believe it. None of us did.
Until I got home and.... it was true =(
I couldn't believe it. How? I mean Why?!
He was shot in the leg, a major artery to be exact.
and he was losing a lot of blood.
They said if he were to survive, he might have brain damage.
It was a sad day.
That evening, the news said that he was responding to nurses...
and that he even squeezed a nurses hand.
I prayed that night before I slept.

Early the next morning, (Nov. 27. 07)
I woke up, thinking about how he is doing.
My alarm clock plays the radio when it goes off.
93.9 WKYS was on.
I stood up from my bed for a stretch
as I heard Shelia Stewart say...
"Redskins all-star safety, Sean Taylor,
passed away this morning..."
I fell back into my bed. I was stuck for literally 5 minutes.
I couldn't believe it. It just, didn't seem real.
All I remember is that I got ready for school
and headed to get Bryant.
When he got in the car... I told him
"Bad news son... he didn't make it."
The whole ride to school was quiet.
In class I was, quiet.
I wore my Redskins jacket in honor of him.

Later that evening, Me and Bryant
went to the stadium for a candle light vigil for him.
It was emotional. Many people gathered there...
leaving balloons, flowers, posters, jerseys, anything.
I stood there. Still not accepting the fact that he is gone.
He left behind a fiancee and an 18 month old daughter.
It will not be the same.

I actually watched live, his "last" game he played.
and I also watched live, the first game after his death.
This Sunday I will be there live when they induct him
into the Redskins Ring of Fame.
His family will also be in attendance.
This will be another historic event.

I know I have went on and on for a long time but...
this was hard for me to write.
I shed a tear every time I watch a tribute video of him.
I shed a tear every time I read an emotional article.
I shed plenty tears when watching his funeral...
and I am not ashamed to shed them again today nor Sunday.

Sean, Rest in Peace. Please watch over this team.
We all miss your presence, you will FOREVER be missed.
[sigh]

what he left behind... =(


Two of my favorite players...
Sean Taylor and Clinton Portis



I didn't change any font colors... All Black affair today.
I will represent Sean Taylor today like no other.
Jersey... Rally Towels... Facepaint.
I'll blog about it.
Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As mighty as a lion, but as gentle as a blue bird." He was a good man. =[

Bryan B said...

i dont need to say anything on this...you know im wit you on this son.

R.I.P Sean Taylor...You will never be forgotten.