Friday, January 23, 2009

dear "unknown"

Dear "unknown,"

This letter is addressed to "unknown."
There is no "you" I can refer to.
There is no she, her, it, one...
Right now, it's just "unknown."
It is difficult to visually see my pen marks on this pad.
My penmanship fades as if the ink depleted its purpose.
Why me? Why not them?
I feel that I have written for hours.
Yet, I only see a blank page.
I know what I want to say.
But its a struggle to stay awake.
When I close my eyes.
I dream of the same page.
Blank as I left it.
so I just open my eyes.
Maybe if I had a "you" to refer to.
Or a "she" to see.
Or maybe a "her" to defer.
Then maybe this BiC™ pen in my hand...
Will leak out its purple royalty.
and discharge something magical.
But therefore its not.
Who knows when it will...
Is it the paper to blame?
or is it because a "you" never came?
Is it the fault of my pen?
That makes me stare at this page
over, and over, and over again?
It is not my mind, at all, to accuse
but with a "you" in my life...
One would never lose.
I don't abuse.
So please don't accuse.
A great mind like mine...
I'll let a "you" pick and choose.
Until I have a "you" to refer to.
Or a "she" to even see.
or maybe a "her" to defer.
I'll just sit here with this blank page
waiting for "unknown" to change its name.


Sincerely,

Mr. Purple BiC™ pen ...

4 comments:

Bryan B said...

this was hot son!
nice work dude.

NAE NAE said...

wow! this was great Ron. i knew you had it in you to write something creative. its amazing what comes up when you speak from the heart...

hope you're okay. love you*

Sandra G. said...

DAMN Ron!I am smh in such a good way right now!! LOL
"It is difficult to visually see my pen marks on this pad.
My penmanship fades as if the ink depleted its purpose."
Hot bars my dear!

r[o]n said...

bryant - gracias.
nae - thanks. im ok.
sandra - lol. thanks also. i like those bars myself.