Thursday, February 12, 2009

picture this; situation.

put yourself in this situation:

you
loved this person so much.
but you guys just didn't work out at one point.
he/she
still has feelings for you.
you
still have feelings for him/her.
but you haven't seen him/her in... lets say
2 years.
you often
think about em'.
wondering what you or what he/she
missed out on.
one day you seem to cross paths with each other.
you guys chat, you know something
friendly.
he/she tells you that he/she is
engaged.
(for the guys - she shows you the ring)
you say
congratulations.
but inside you really feel that, that should be
you that he/she is marrying.
so then he/she invites you to the wedding.
which is a few weeks away.
do you
go?
or do you
stay away?
so you won't have to witness someone you once loved
about to
commit.
ok, so you do decide to go.
but you secretly stroll in.
simple casual outfit.
you sit in the very
last row.
as you sit there you
picture yourself
being in the other person's shoes.
reminiscing what was once there.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife... you may
kiss the bride"
you
clap... but it hurts.
you attend the reception.
but still on your own.
your ex-lover's friends notice you are in attendance.
they strike a conversation.
you decide to join in and try to
enjoy yourself.
so later, you
head to the bathroom.
you look back...
there he/she was.
[for the
guys - in a beautiful white dress]
[for the
gals - in a handsome tux]
you guys look in each other's
eyes.
ten feet away.
he's/she's shocked that you're actually
there.
you're
amazed at how handsome/beautiful he/she looks.
you look away
quickly and start to walk off.
he/she
calls your name.
walks over to you.
hugs you.
and says...
"I know this is
hard for you, I appreciate you being here."
"anything for a friend,
congratulations again." you reply back.
[you smile and starts to walk away]
as you're about to inch away, he/she
grabs your hand.
you stop.
look back.
he/she pulls you close...
and whispers this in your ear.
"I still wish it were
you I married."
as a
kiss on the cheek followed.
you don't know what to think.
you're confused and a bit too late.

what would you do?
how would you feel?
how was my story?

blog inspired by Ne-Yo's - Fade Into the Background

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hhhmm...this is very interesting. I'd feel soo heartbroken, knowing that they wish that they had married me and then the kiss on the cheek....man i'd be crying like a bitch lmao. thats like the worst feeling; knowing you both want each other but that pride in the way so the other person jus decides to settle. smh. so sad. lls.

THE ORiGiNAL AP said...

oh wow...this is very nice. I'd be upset && heartbroken at the same time...I wouldnt knw wat to do with myself...I dnt think I would went to the wedding to begin with because it would have been to much for me to handle.

but overall its a good story

NAE NAE said...

oh my. Ron. This was amazing. i loved every bit of it because at one point in my life, i could relate. when i was put in this situation, minus the whole marriage thing, i was so confused. lol i felt heartbroken at first, but towards the end, i knew everything would be okay, as always.

Sandra G. said...

This is great creative writing. Wonderful